Balsa is an lightweight, easy to use open source E-mail client for GNOME, highly configurable and incorporating with all the features you would expect in a robust mail client.
it’s a Gnome e-mail client which support for multiple POP3 and IMAP accounts and local mail delivery. Balsa can be compiled with multi-threading support for faster response, and can do nifty things like read your GnomeCard address book, use LDAP, and render HTML mail.
It has a spell checker and direct support for PGP and GPG for encryption and also have some basic filtering capabilities, and natively supports for several e-mail storage protocols. It also has some internationalization support, including Japanese fonts.
Features of Balsa – E-mail client for GNOME:
- Support for local mailbox formats: mbox, maildir, mh
- Allows nested mailboxes
- Support for POP3 and IMAP mail access protocols
- Spell Checking
- Multi-threaded mail retrieval (optional Feature)
- MIME support (view images inline, save parts)
- Supports SMTP and/or use of local MTA, ie. Sendmail
- Address Book that integrates with GnomeCard
- Highly configurable
- Active, open development
- Multiple character sets for composing and reading messages
- Allows file attachments to outgoing messages
- GPG/OpenPGP mail signing and encryption