BlueJ – simple java IDE to learn and teach object-oriented programming and Java
BlueJ is an open source Java integrated development environment (IDE) specially designed for educational purpose but also suitable for small-scale software development.
it has simple, easy to use and highly interactive user interface that help you to learn java programming language in a easy way.
it also has built-in editor, compiler, virtual machine and debugger for writing Java programs and also support for a graphical class structure display, graphical and textual editing, allows interactive object creation, testing and incremental application development.
BlueJ is a free and open source software released under GNU general public license. it’s an fully functional development tool, commonly used by schools, colleges, and universities.
Features of BlueJ
- Simple representation of object orientation
- Easy to use and simple user interface
- Object interaction
- Simple code pad
- supports for regression testing via an integration of JUnit
- support for group work via a subset of CVS and Subversion functionality.
- Support for Java ME (Micro Edition) projects development and deployment
- Flexible extension system
- Easy to create executable jar files and applets
- multilingual support
Download : BlueJ Java IDE