Chandler – open source personal information manager
Chandler is an Open Source personal information manager, also known as a “Note-to-Self Organizer,” specially designed for personal and Small Group task management and calendaring.
It’s free software written in a mixture of Python and C-based extensions and released under the Apache License.
The software comes with a cross-platform Chandler desktop application, the Chandler Hub Sharing Service, Chandler Server, Chandler Quick Entry for iPhone, Chandler Quick Entry for Android, Chandler Preview manages Notes, Messages, and Events.
It mainly focuses on enriching our PIM workflows with contacts and relationship management and take on the challenge of integrating documents, resources, and large catalogs of data into the core information management workflows.
Users can manage them with Tickler Alarms and NOW LATER DONE Triage Status, track your Notes, Todos, and Events from the Calendar.
Currently, Chandler supports the following protocols and data formats such as Chandler Server Morse Code, WebDAV, CalDAV, Atom, GData, POP and IMAP, .ics files, and also allow Sharing, Back up and Web Access with Chandler Hub.
Features of Chandler
- open source Cross-platform personal information manager
- Accessible to import/export calendars and tasks
- Subscribe to webcal (.Mac) and ICAL (Google) calendars
- Sync with CalDAV (Apple iCal 3.x, Lightning) calendars
- Secure your data with a Master Password
- Manage, preview, and add to your Calendar, without having to go to the Calendar.
- Color Code
- Overlay multiple calendars.
- Organize information into Multiple Contexts By project, by people, by importance, by status, on your calls list, on your Calendar, on your task list, on your spouse’s task list.
- Access your data from the web thru Chandler Hub
- Sync Chandler across multiple computers and also allow Sync your Apple, Google, and Mozilla Calendars.
- Sharing and Collaboration