Code::Blocks – open source IDE for C++
Code::Blocks is an open source cross platform integrated development environment (IDE) for C/C++ built to meet the most demanding needs of experienced as well as new developers. It is designed to be very extensible and fully configurable with plugins. Any kind of functionality can be added by installing/coding a plugin.
It is developed in C++ using wxWidgets as the GUI toolkit. Using a plugin architecture, its capabilities and features are defined by the provided plugins. Currently, Code::Blocks is oriented towards C/C++.
Features of Code::Blocks
- Open source Projects
- cross platform integrated development environment (IDE)
- Syntax highlighting, customizable and extensible
- Code folding for C++ and XML files.
- Easy to use Tabbed interface
- Code completion
- Extensible through plugins
- Multiple compiler support such as GCC (MingW / GNU GCC), MSVC++, Digital Mars, Borland C++ 5.5, Open Watcom
- Instant custom build system (no makefiles needed)
- Support for parallel builds (utilizing your CPU’s extra cores)
- Multi-target projects
- Inter-project dependencies inside workspace
- Easy to Imports MSVC projects, workspaces and Dev-C++ projects
- Full code, data breakpoints support