Upcoming Electric Scooters in India 2023: Suzuki Burgman Electric, Honda Activa Electric, TVS Creon, and More
Are you looking for a fun and sustainable way to get around town? Thus, you might just be in luck! The best 10 electric scooters in the Indian market in 2023 are discussed in this article. We’ll talk about the many electric scooter models out there and provide pictures and costs for each one.
There is a great electric scooter out there for you, whether you’re looking for a basic foldable model or a high-tech e-bike. If you’re looking for the best-reviewed and most widely-used electric scooters in India, we have you covered.
Especially in the electric two-wheeler market, the number of electric vehicles on Indian roads has increased dramatically in recent months. Its expansion is due, in part, to factors including growing gasoline prices, government incentives (such as tax breaks) for EV adoption, rising public awareness, and decreasing range anxiety.
Top 10 Electric Scooters 2023
Electric vehicles’ rising popularity can be attributed to their low initial cost, long lifespan, and absence of harmful pollutants. As a result, numerous major players in the two-wheeler industry have introduced their own takes on electric bikes and scooters. But, there are many options to weigh, making it difficult to choose an electric bike. Buyers should therefore consider the following issues prior to making a purchase. You now have enough information to select the finest electric bike available in India.
The Ola S1 is an ambitious electric scooter project from Ola, which has gained immense popularity in India. Even before its launch, many people pre-registered for the vehicle in high numbers. The e-scooter offers a riding range of 121 kilometers and a top speed of 90 km/h, providing both distance and speed in a unique offering. Here are the specifications of the Ola S1:
- Motor power: 8.5 kW peak
- Battery capacity: 2.98 kWh
- Charging time: 6 hours and 30 minutes for a full charge
- Top speed: 90 km/h
- Range: 121 km
- Tires: 110/70 R12 (Front) and 110/80 R12 (Rear)
- Suspension: Front and rear hydraulic suspension
- Brakes: Disc brakes on both front and rear wheels
- Weight: 125 kg
- Price: Rs. 99,999 (ex-showroom)
TVS iQUBE Electric
TVS is a well-known two-wheeler brand in India, and their e-scooter, the TVS iQube Electric, offers a top speed of 78 km/h and a range of 75 kilometers. It also includes a spacious dashboard, parking assistance, and ample storage space.
Here are the specifications for the TVS iQube Electric:
- Top Speed: 78 km/h
- Range: 75 km
- Motor: 4.4 kW electric motor
- Battery: 3 kWh lithium-ion battery
- Charging time: 5 hours to 100%
- Brakes: Disc brakes with the combined braking system
- Suspension: Telescopic front suspension and hydraulic rear suspension
- Wheels: 12-inch alloy wheels
- Features: Large digital dashboard, parking assist, and sufficient storage area.
The third electric scooter on our list of the Top 10 electric scooters in India is the Anther 450X. This premium e-scooter comes with a 7-inch dashboard that includes a navigation system, music player, and call rejection feature. It also has a mono-shock suspension system, two-disc brakes, reverse parking assist, and more. Check out its specifications below.
Here are the specifications of the Anther 450X electric scooter:
- Motor power: 6kW
- Battery capacity: 2.9 kWh
- Range: 85 km (Eco mode), 70 km (Ride mode), 60 km (Sport mode)
- Top speed: 80 km/h
- Charging time: 4-5 hours (0-80%), 7-8 hours (0-100%)
- Suspension: Telescopic front fork, mono-shock rear suspension
- Brakes: Disc brakes (front and rear)
- Wheel size: 12 inches (front and rear)
- Display: 7-inch touchscreen dashboard with navigation, music player, call reject, etc.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth and 4G
- Additional features: Reverse parking assist, find my scooter, onboard diagnostics, OTA updates, etc.
Hero Electric Photon
The Hero Electric Photon is an e-scooter that boasts a retro design, with curved edges and an ergonomic appearance. It comes equipped with a digital instrument cluster, telescopic suspension, alloy wheels, a removable battery, an LED headlamp, a remote lock, an anti-theft alarm, and several other special features.
Here are the specifications of the Hero Electric Photon
- Motor: 1000 W BLDC
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, 48V/28 Ah
- Charging Time: 4-5 hours
- Range: 80 km/charge
- Top Speed: 45 km/h
- Tyre Size: Front – 90/90-12, Rear – 90/90-12
- Brakes: Front – Disc, Rear – Drum
- Suspension: Front – Telescopic, Rear – Hydraulic
- Kerb Weight: 93 kg
- Dimensions: 1880 mm x 720 mm x 1090 mm
- Features: Digital instrument cluster, telescopic suspension, alloy wheels, removable battery, LED headlamp, remote lock, anti-theft alarm.
The iconic Bajaj Chetak scooter has returned, this time in an electric model. It has a digital instrument cluster, LED lights, and alloy wheels in addition to the classic styling of the original model. It has a top speed of 70 kph and a range of up to 95 kph on a single charge. With regenerative braking, the scooter may extend the duration between charges. It takes roughly 5 hours to fully charge the battery, although it may be charged to 75% in about one hour.
Here are the specifications of the Bajaj Chetak
- Motor: 4.08 kW electric motor
- Battery: Lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 3 kWh
- Range: 95 km in Eco mode and 85 km in Sport mode
- Top speed: 60 km/h
- Charging time: 5 hours for a full charge and 25% in 1 hour
- Brakes: Front disc brake and rear drum brake with the combined braking system
- Suspension: Front single-arm suspension and rear twin-spring suspension
- Wheels and tires: 12-inch alloy wheels with tubeless tires
- Dimensions: 1,976 mm length, 748 mm width, 1,194 mm height
- Weight: 118 kg
- Features: LED lighting, keyless ignition, digital instrument cluster, reverse assist mode, regenerative braking system
The Ridge Plus, the middle model in the Ridge family, has a slim, modern profile with angular edges. The scooter can travel up to 120 kilometres on a single charge, has a top speed of 55 kilometres per hour, and is equipped with electronically assisted rear drum brakes.
Here are the specifications of the Okinava Ridge Plus:
- Motor Power: 1000 W BLDC Motor
- Battery: Lithium-ion 60V 24Ah
- Charging Time: 4-6 Hours
- Range: 120 km/charge
- Top Speed: 55 km/h
- Brakes: Front and Rear Disc
- Suspension: Telescopic
- Wheels: Alloy Wheels
- Tires: Tubeless
- Dimensions: 1700 x 700 x 1100 mm
- Weight: 86 kg
- Maximum Load Capacity: 150 kg
The Simple Energy One, Simple Energy’s first electric scooter, is expected to launch in India in August 2023 at an expected price range of ₹1,00,000 to ₹1,05,000. Similar bikes currently available in the market include OLA S1 Pro, Okaya Faast F3 & iVOOMi Jeet X. Honda Activa 7G, another bike similar to One, is launching in May 2023 in India.
The Simple One is powered by a 4.8kWh battery pack and claims to offer a range of 203km in Eco mode. It has a 4.5kW motor that delivers 72Nm and a claimed 0-40 time of 2.95 seconds. The e-scooter has a top speed ranging from 98kmph to 105kmph depending on the tire choice.
The Simple One comes with four riding modes: Eco, Ride, Dash, and Sonic. It also has a 7-inch touchscreen with 4G and Bluetooth connectivity, as well as full-LED lighting. The scooter also features music and call control, navigation, vehicle tracking, and a tire pressure monitoring system, among other features like find-my-bike and geo-fencing. In addition, the Simple One has 30 litre under-seat storage.
Here are the specifications of the Simple Energy One
- Motor Power: 1000 W BLDC Motor
- Battery: Lithium-ion 4.8kWh battery pack
- Charging Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Range: 236 Km/Charge
- Top Speed: 105 km/h
- Brakes: Front and Rear CBS brakes
- Suspension: Telescopic Fork
- Wheels: Alloy Wheels
- Tires: Tubeless
- Weight: 110 kg
Bounce Infinity E1
The Bounce Infinity E1 is an electric scooter available in India at a starting price of Rs. 54,443. It is offered in two variants and five different colors, with the top variant priced at Rs. 88,484. This scooter is equipped with a 1500 W motor that powers both the front and rear disc brakes. Additionally, it features a combined braking system for both wheels.
The Bounce Infinity E1 is Bounce’s first-ever electric scooter to be launched in India. It comes with a unique ‘battery-as-a-service’ subscription plan, allowing buyers to choose whether they want to purchase the scooter with or without a battery.
Those who opt for the latter can use Bounce’s battery swapping network to power the scooter. The scooter is priced at Rs. 68,999 with a battery and Rs. 45,099 without a battery (both ex-showroom, Delhi). It’s worth noting that the Bounce Infinity E1 is eligible for the FAME II subsidy.
Customers who purchase the Bounce Infinity E1 scooter without a battery can use Bounce’s battery swapping network to replace the drained battery with a fully charged one. This usage pattern can bring down the running cost of the electric scooter by 40% compared to conventional scooters. Even customers who choose to buy a scooter with a battery have the option to remove and charge it at their convenience.
The Infinity E1 is powered by a BLDC motor that produces 83Nm of torque and can reach a top speed of around 65kmph. It has two power modes- Eco and Power. The battery is a 48V39Ah unit that can be charged through a regular electric socket, taking about four to five hours to fully charge. On a full charge, it can run up to 85km.
In addition, the Bounce Infinity E1 has a variety of features, including remote tracking, geo-fencing, drag mode, reverse mode, cruise control, anti-theft mechanism, and tow alert. Bounce is also providing a smartphone application that allows users to remotely control many aspects of the e-scooter.
Hero Electric Optima CX
The Hero Electric Optima CX is an electric scooter that is available in India starting at a price of Rs. 67,329. There are two variants available with four different colors, and the top variant is priced at Rs. 85,254. The motor generates 550 W of power, and the scooter comes with both front and rear drum brakes and a combined braking system.
The electric scooter is available in two variants, the City Speed (HX) and the Comfort Speed (LX). The HX variant is the high-speed version of the electric scooter range. The Optima HX has two battery options – a single battery and a dual battery.
The single battery variant has a range of 82km, while the dual battery version can travel up to 122km per charge. The charging time is between four to five hours, and the top speed of both variants is 42kmph. Registration is required for this fast speed scooter.
In terms of styling, the scooter looks similar to the HX version, with a sleek design accompanied by features such as a halogen headlight, apron-mounted front blinkers, and a broad comfortable seat. The scooter comes in four different colors – Red, Grey, Blue, and White.
- The hardware on the scooter includes telescopic front forks and dual rear shock absorbers, with drum brakes at both ends.
- The Hero Electric Optima CX is an electric scooter available in India. It comes in 2 variants and 4 colors with a starting price of Rs. 67,329. The top variant price starts at Rs. 85,254.
- The electric scooter generates 550 W power from its motor and has both front and rear drum brakes. It also comes with a combined braking system for both wheels.
- The Optima CX is available in two variants – City Speed (HX) and Comfort Speed (LX). The HX variant is the high-speed version of the electric scooter range.
- The single battery powered Optima HX has a range of 82km while the dual battery version can travel 122km per charge. It takes 4 to 5 hours to fully charge. The top speed of both variants is rated at 42kmph.
- The scooter features a sleek design with a halogen headlight, apron-mounted front blinkers, and a broad comfortable seat. It is available in four colors options – Red, Grey, Blue, and White.
- The hardware on the scooter includes telescopic front forks and dual rear shock absorbers. It also comes with drum brakes at both ends.
The Ampere V48
The Ampere V48 is the most affordable electric scooter in the company’s lineup, available with two battery options: Lead-acid and Lithium-ion. The Lead-acid version costs Rs 35,899 and the Lithium-ion version costs Rs 52,199 (ex-showroom).
The design of the V48 is conventional and similar to the scooters powered by internal combustion engines available in the market. The scooter features telescopic forks at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear for suspension. The scooter comes equipped with drum brakes at both ends. The V48 is powered by a 250W BDLC motor that draws power from a 48V/24Ah battery.
The charging time and range of the scooter vary depending on the type of battery it is equipped with. The lead-acid battery takes about 8-10 hours for a full charge and offers a range of 45-50 km, while the Lithium-ion battery takes about 5-6 hours to charge completely and provides a higher range of 60-65 km. The e-scooter has a top speed of 25 mph and has a kerb weight of 66kg (Lithium-ion) and 84kg (Lead-acid).
The Ampere V48 is available in three color options: black, grey, and red.