FTP Client and File manager that lets you copy a file from one host to another over a TCP/IP-based network, such as the Internet.
it is built on a client server architecture and uses separate control and data connections between the client and the server.
FTP users may authenticate themselves using a clear text sign in protocol but can connect anonymously if the server is set to allow it.
Best FTP Client and File manager
1 ABC [ Yet Another Bit torrent Client ]
ABC (Yet another Bit torrent client) for the Bit torrent peer to peer file sharing solution.
The Bit torrent file sharing tool is based on Bit Tornado which inspired by Original Bit torrent Core System, coded by Bram Cohen.
Features of ABC [ Yet Another Bit torrent Client ]
- Download multiple files in a single window
- Queueing system with priority
- Easy to customize the information ABC displays
- Easily pause, stop, resume, queue and remove operations
- Minimize to the taskbar and also system tray.
- provide torrent details
- Supporting global setting such as upload and download limiting
- Supporting local setting for each torrent as well as advanced settings from Bit Tornado
- Bit Tornado’s super-speed mode support
- choose your upload options when the download is done [unlimited, timer, share size], number of simultaneous downloads and also download to the specific folder or always ask for the folder
- Easily add, delete, queue, pause, stop, resume, and query current torrent status via Web GUI.
Download: ABC (Yet another Bit torrent client)
2 CurlFtpFS FTP client
3 Moroshka File Manager and FTP client
Moroshka is a cross platform File Manager and FTP client with a native graphical user interface (GUI) for windows and Mac OS.
Users can also use Moroshka on Tablet PC because it has touch screen mode where users can perform file operations using a touch screen in the finger oriented UI mode. – Moroshka
Features of Moroshka file manager
- multi platform
- Unique Brief Mode file listing for Mac OS
- Optimized for Tablet PC
- Extended Search Probabilities in the Integrated Text Viewer
- Create links/soft links
- iPhone/iPod/iPad file system management
- Easy to Open ISO and UDF images as archives
- support for Multi-tab layout
- All standard file operations
- Multi-threaded file management processing
- WebDAV/FTP/SSH/SMB client
4 ForkLift 2 – FTP Client for Mac
ForkLift 2 is the most advanced dual-pane file manager and file transfer client for Mac OS.
With ForkLift 2, users can easily split and combine large files with the .sfv or .crc standards. – ForkLift 2
Features of ForkLift 2
- Sync Browsing
- Easy to rename a list of files instantly with Multi rename features
- Folder synchronization
- Easy to Delete App
- Remote Edit files
- Save your Folder Synchronization settings in a Syncle.
- Full Keyboard control
- FXP Copy
- Droplets and disklets
- Search, Filter, and Select
- Transfer Queue
- List, Column, Icon, Coverflow views
5 cFTP – Client Side FTP
cFTP is a client side file transfer protocol (FTP) written in PHP and uses MySQL as a database backend.
it allows users to create client accounts with simple front end and then upload your files to that account. Share your account with Custom URL. – cFTP Client Side FTP
Features of cFTP
- user friendly Design for both users and clients
- User Roles like Administrator. Account Manager, Uploader
- Easy to sort full list of files for both User and Clients
- Template based UI
- 2 Default templates – Default and Gallery
- Logo and Options selection pages
- Multilingual via .po files
6 OneWay Contextual FTP for Mac
OneWay is a contextual FTP, SFTP, and Amazon S3 uploader for Mac OS X that let you directly upload files from finder right click menu.
Just select your files or folder you want to transfer, right click them, and choose where to send them. – OneWay
DesignFTP helps you to send large files to your FTP server from your own websites without installing any FTP Client.
It’s a platform free FTP client to transfer your files. – DesignFTP
8 Ares – file sharing and FTP Client
Ares is a free and open source file sharing and FTP Client that let users share any digital file including images, audio, video, software, documents, etc. and publish them through the Ares peer to peer network.
Users can search and download just about any file shared by other users in the Ares Platform.
Features of Ares
- Easy to download files from any user at once.
- library organizer to organize shared files into the category, so you can easily sort your files by type, category, and change your sharing settings.
- Built in audio/video player that allows you to preview files while their download is in progress and organize a playlist.
- Support for File sharing chat rooms
- 100% Open source file sharing tool
Download: Ares FTP and file sharing tool
9 Vuze – Bit torrent file sharing tool
Java based Bit Torrent Client offers you special features for beginners and advanced users.
Features of Vuze :
- Support for Metasearch that offers you the most comprehensive entertainment search experience on the web. By aggregating results from a variety of top sites, Vuze delivers the best torrent search results on the web.
- Once you find the content you like, subscriptions enable you to automatically find similar content.
- Vuze has the fastest bit torrent downloads around and continues to innovate to keep its lead.
- With Vuze Remote, you can now securely control your Vuze client from any computer or smartphone with a web browser.
- Vuze can play virtually any type of video file – AVI, WMV, MPEG, XVID, QuickTime, and more.
- Unleash your hard drive and liberate your content to playback on your iPhone, iPod, iPad, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PSP, and TiVo. Simply drag-and-drop to transfer media from your Vuze library (or anywhere on your desktop) to the device of your choice.
Download: Vuze file-sharing client
10 BT++ – Bit Torrent GUI
BT++ is an improved client for the Bit Torrent peer to peer file sharing tool. It is written in Python and wx Python for maximum cross platform compatibility.
Features of BT++
- Support multiple downloads in a single window
- minimize to the system tray
- List style display of downloads and automatic re-starting of interrupted torrents without needing the .torrent link.
- enhanced bandwidth throttling
- better OS/browser integration
AnyClient is a free, platform free FTP Client that gives support for all major file transfer protocols such as FTP, SFTP, WebDAV/S, Amazon S3, and AFTP (Accelerated File Transfer Protocol).
it available for both versions such as downloadable and web based FTP clients. – AnyClient Free FTP Client
12 Cyberduck FTP client for Mac
It’s an open source FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files, Google Docs and Amazon S3 browser for the Mac.
It features an easy to use user interface with quickly accessible bookmarks with support for drag and drop, uploading and downloading, remote file transfer, etc..
Features of Cyberduck :
- Support for every type of Server
- Easy to edit any file with your preferred editor
- Distribute your content in the cloud
- Browse Amazon Simple Storage Service like your hard disk.
- Manage your Google Docs
- Organize your bookmarks with drag and drop and quickly search using the filter field.
- Browse and move your files quickly in the browser with caching enabled for the best performance.
- Limit the number of concurrent transfers and filter files using a regular expression. Resume both interrupted download and uploads. Recursively transfer directories.
- Support for Advanced SSH features
- easy Integration with system technologies.
- Free and open source FTP released Licensed under the GPL.
- Multilingual user interface
FileZilla is a free and open source FTP, FTPS, and SFTP Client that offers many features which you expect from any FTP clients.
Features of FileZilla
- 100% Open source FTP, FTPS, and SFTP solution
- multi platform Support
- IPv6 Support
- Easy to resume and transfer large files such as 4 GB file size.
- Tabbed based User Interface
- Drag and Drop Support
- configurable transfer speed limits
- Directory Comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5, and FTP Proxy support
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
Download: FileZilla free FTP solution
Cabos is a Gnutella file sharing tool based on LimeWire and Acquisition.
- simple sidebar interface
- Mojito DHT support
- firewall to firewall transfers
- UPnP support
- IP2Country support
- iTunes integration
- “What’s New?” searches and more
15 Core FTP – Free FTP client software for Windows
Core FTP is a free and secure FTP client that gives you a quick, easy, reliable method to update and maintain your website through FTP.
It additionally offers a secure technique (through SSL, TLS, FTPS, HTTPS, or SFTP) to add/obtain files to and from FTP servers.
- Secure SFTP, SSL, TLS, & FTPS
- International Domain Support
- Fast and secure client transfers
- HIPAA compliant security
- Mode Z compression
- user friendly interface(s)
- A site to site file transfer
- Drag and Drop support
- Start/stop/resume of transfers
- Auto retry of failed transfers
- Transfer bandwidth control
- Browser integration
- File Masking
- Keep Alive Functionality
- Remote File Searching
- File Permissions
- Advanced directory listing
- .htaccess & .htpasswd editing
- One Click transfers
Download: Core FTP