Gobby is a free software collaborative real time text editor based on libobby library, a library which provides synced document buffers. It supports multiple documents editing in one session, document synchronization on request, password protection and also allow multi-user chat. Gobby is a tool that allows you to edit text files. It uses GTK+ 2.6 as its windowing toolkit and thus integrates nicely into the GNOME desktop environment.
Gobby is a cross-platform tool, which runs on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and other Unix-like platforms.
Features of Gobby
- Real-time Collaboration through encrypted channels
- Each user has its own changeable colour to be identified by others
- IRC-like chat for communicating with your partners while coding
- Syntax highlighting for most programming languages
- Session password protection
- Multiple documents in one session
- Drag’n’drop of documents into Gobby
- Document synchronization on request
- Zeroconf support
- Unicode support
- Cross-platform: runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X (albeit not natively) and other Unix-like platforms.
- Gobby is free software and licensed under the GPL 2
Download: Gobby – free collaborative text editor