ILIAS e-Learning – Open source LMS and online e-learning solution
With the explicit use of this software the cost incurred for its usage in new media has decreased significantly. The highest level of customer satisfaction is provided in the fields of training and education. The publication of ILIAS has been done by the General Public License and its usage is absolutely free.
Basically, ILIAS is server independent and runs perfectly on any server using Apache/MySQL/PHP combination. The various ways of installing ILIAS in several server environments are given in details below. This is the perfect mechanism where you can start from the “scratch" and then get to work on the Unix/Linux systems.
Features of ILIAS e-Learning
- Course management : The efficient and effective creation of course materials and courses is allowed by the ILIAS. Templates and standardized tools for the purpose of working process and learning are provide by ILIAS. It also includes administration and integrated navigation.
- Personal Desktop : Every user have there own personal desktop to collect all resource which required for learning to fulfill the daily learning tasks. The features of Personal Desktops are Personal Messages, News, Personal Notes, Learning Resources, Web Feeding Externally, Bookmarks, and several others in formations. The blocks can be re-arranged accordingly by the learner as per his need.
- Assessment & Test : Integrated environments are created by ILIAS for the enforcement and creation of assessments as well as tests. ILIAS is used for the purpose of judging the deal of progress made in learning both for the examiners and tutors as well as the users. ILIAS supports single choice, multiple choice, cloze questions (select box, free text), allocation questions, matching, ordering, hot spot etc..
- Authentication : it provide support for various authentication methods: Password/Standard, Login LDAP, Authentication (Database), CAS, Radius, Shibboleth, and Authentication based on SOAP.
- SOAP Interface : It has SOAP based Interface that allow you to exchange information with these systems, ILIAS offers a SOAP interface, that allows to control almost everything in ILIAS with an external application.
- Collaboration and Groups : It a unique platform that allow you to cooperative learning without using any tools. Working groups, learning groups or several other groups of certain fields and interests can be created using ILIAS. all tools can be used as wiki, file sharing or forums. Groups.
- Communication : ILIAS enables standard communication through forums, chats, and mails. Awareness functions are included in personal desktops that show the users their current online status.
- Webcasting : Managing podcasts are provided by ILIAS in-spite of providing RSS support. The ease of creating podcasts can be compared to the uploading of an audio file on the web.
Download : ILIAS 4 e-Learning