How to install Window 7 start menu Orb in Windows 8 release preview
New Windows 8 release preview has so many useful features such as improved Metro user interface, Internet Explorer 10, picture password, Ribbon style windows Explorer, Support for Hybrid boot up, USB 3.0 support, New Lock screen display, redesigned Task manager, Xbox Live integration and many more.
But you miss the traditional Start Menu Orb – the features of a prominent window since its commercial inception.
New windows 8 doesn’t have traditional Start Menu Orb, but you still won’t use them on your windows 8.
Here is a tiny software “ViStart” that allows you to install / Add window 7 style start menu Orb in windows 8 release preview.
Install window 7 Start menu in windows 8 release preview
- Download ViStart from Here and install them on your computer.
- At the time of installation ViStart ask you to install other software and toolbar like RegClean pro and Wajam toolbar. it’s a optional choice you can decline or accept it. Here we are Decline them.
- when installation complete you’ll see the Windows 7 style Start orb back at the left side of your taskbar. so it’s basically a re-implementation of the Windows 7 Start button.
- Click on the start orb and you will get your new start menu similar to Window 7 start menu. It still shows your most frequently used apps on start menu.
- Shut Down button give you more option then original one. such as log Off, Switch User, Restart, Shut Down, Stand By, Hibernate and ViStart Options etc.. Select Options if you want to configure it.
- Animated icon for every option on start menu.
You can still open the Start screen by moving your cursor to the very bottom-left corner of the screen, or from the Charms menu that appears when you hover your cursor over either the upper or lower-right corners of your screen.