11 Best Java-based Job Scheduler
The job scheduler is a program that administrates your unattended background executions that commonly known as batch processing.
It has a standard graphical user interface to define workflows and job dependencies.
A single point of control where users can manage and control their background executions in a distributed network of computers.
Here are 11 best java-based Job Schedulers.
1 Quartz – Enterprise-Class Java job scheduling software
Quartz is a fully-featured open source enterprise-class job scheduling software written in Java.
Users can easily integrate Quartz job scheduling tools with any java EE based application, whether it is a small standalone application or largest e-commerce platform.
It solves your small as well as complex schedules to execute your unlimited jobs.
- JTA transactions and clustering
- Realtime monitoring and management
- Job scheduling and execution
- Job persistence
- Inbuilt plugins and listeners
2 cron4j job scheduler
Cron4j is a pure Java library based job scheduler that is very similar to UNIX Cron daemon.
With Cron4j, users can quickly launch the scheduling process directly from your java application and achieve any task at the right time according to some basic rule. – cron4j – Java-based Job scheduler
3 Jcrontab job scheduler
Jcrontab is a Java-based job scheduler that designed to handle fully functional schedules for java projects.
It is easily extended and integrated with any java projects.
Easy to reads and stores the tasks to execute in a file, a database, or an EJB and provides a web user interface and a basic swing graphical user interface (GUI). – jcrontab job scheduler
4 Essiembre J2EE Scheduler
Essiembre J2EE Scheduler is a simple job scheduler for J2EE applications.
It works as a wrapper around the Timer and Timer Task classes, which generally found in the standard Java API.
Users can use Essiembre J2EE Scheduler for periodically refresh Memory data to ensure it stays up to date. – Essiembre Java scheduler
5 Oddjob job toolkit
Oddjob is a free Java based job scheduler and job toolkit that specially designed to automate your manual tasks such as executing batch files or shell scripts and also SQL, make FTP commands, Sending Emails, and much more.
It mainly set up for people who spend a lot of time on repetitive tasks.
- Visual configuration
- Flexible Scheduling
- Lots of Functionality
- Triggered and conditional execution
- extend job scheduling performance without learning API
6 Fulcrum Scheduler
Fulcrum Scheduler is a Java based job scheduler. Originally Fulcrum is based on the Turbine Scheduler provided with Turbine 3.
It evolves into a component repository based on the Avalon framework, where every service is changing into a standalone component which released separately from the other parts.
It’s an ideal tool for unit testing your components. – Fulcrum job scheduler
7 Gos4j – Goal Oriented job Scheduling for Java
Gos4j is a goal-oriented job scheduling software for Java.
It organizes your processing priorities based on Goals where each goal is specially processed based on its time to complete and its progress towards that goal.
Each goal has its Deadlines, which used as target completion time for a purpose. – Gos4j
JobScheduler is used for process automation using free database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird, or using SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2.
You can also launch executable files, shell scripts, and run database procedures automatically by using JobScheduler.
- Workload Automation
- Operations Center GUI for browsers
- JobScheduler Web Service
- Platforms and Operating Systems
- It offers a database to store the status of jobs, job chains, and orders as well as job protocols and job history.
- Cross-Platform Scheduling
- Central configuration.
- Business-class security
- Audit Log
- Integrated Managed file transfer
9 JDRing – Java-Based Job Scheduler
JDRing is a lightweight Java scheduling library that’s simple and small however still supports ringing alarms at specified intervals, as one time occasions, or on advanced schedules with full Cron like management.
- Alarms are added to and removed from the schedule in code.
- You can optionally specify a name for each alarm.
- Alarms alert you at a fixed interval.
- With Cron style scheduling
- Alarms by default reach within a single alarm thread, so a long-running signal will delay following alerts until it completes
10 jBatchEngine – Java-Based Batch Job Spooler
jBatchEngine is a Java-based batch job spooler perfectly designed for any batch programs.
Easy to configured jBatchEngine job Spooler to make use of both a database or JMS for batch job management.
- jBatchEngine is a batch job spooler written in Java.
- In contrast to time-driven schedulers like Cron, jBatchEngine is event-driven.
- Useful to start any batch programs.
- jBatchEngine installed as a Windows Service or a Unix Daemon on your system.
- There will be an Eclipse plugin and a standalone RCP Client for job monitoring.
- A Database Adapter provides job spooling.
- A Messaging Adapter supported.
11 MyBatchFramework – Java Based Open Source Batch Framework
MyBatchFramework is an Open Source lightweight framework designed to create only secure and manageable batches into the java language.
The framework is hugely scalable and offers you the extreme capability to executes batches utilizing several threads.
- Scalability & Performance
- Standard reporting facilities