Kexi – open source integrated data management tool
kexi is an easy to use, open source integrated data management tool for Linux. It can be used for creating database schemas, inserting data, performing queries, and processing data.
As Kexi is a real member of the KDE and KOffice projects, it integrates fluently into both project and specially designed to be fully usable also without KDE on Linux/Unix, MS Windows platforms and MAC OS X. Forms can be created to provide a custom interface to your data. All database objects – tables, queries and forms – are stored in the relational database, making it easy to share data and design in a single file that can be easily e-mailed or published in the Internet.
Features of Kexi :
- Full visual designers for tables, queries and forms. Queries can be also designed in dedicated SQL view.
- Running queries, support for parametrized queries.
- Easy to connect different database servers such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Data entry and sorting.
- Support for "Object" data allowing to store images of many types.
- Designing and displaying relational data using combo boxes (lookup columns).
- Simple printouts reports for table and query data with robust print preview.
- Advanced CSV data import and export from files and also easy to Copying to clipboard and pasting from clipboard.
- User Mode, allowing to switch off all commands related to editing project’s design.
- Also Support for simple database templates.