Koha – A full featured modern integrated library system
Koha is a truly World first enterprise class fully featured Open source Modern integrated library system (ILS) with comprehensive functionality including basic or advanced options. it includes modules for circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, reserves, patron management, branch relationships, and more.
it uses a dual database design that utilizes the strengths of the two major industry-standard database types (text-based and RDBMS). This design feature ensures that Koha is scalable enough to meet the transaction load of any library, no matter what the size it have.
it’s an free and open source Integrated library system (ILS) released under general public license (GPL).
Features of Koha
- A full featured modern integrated library system (ILS).
- Support for Dual database design
- Library standards compliance to ensures interoperability between Koha and other systems
- Linux, Unix, Windows and MacOS platform.
- Web based User Interface
- Easy to integrate into any website.
- Copy cataloging and z39.50.
- MARC21 and UNIMARC for professional catalogers.
- Tailored catalog module for special libraries.
- Use as a document manager or digital library.
- Manage online and off line resources with the same tool.
- E-mail and/or txt patron’s overdue and other notices.
- Easy to Print your own barcodes.
- Serials management module.
- Full catalog, circulation and acquisitions system for library stock management.
- Web based OPAC system (allows the public to search the catalog in the library and at home).
- Simple, clear search interface for all users.
- Simple and comprehensive acquisition options.
- Koha is multi-tasking and enables updates of circulation, cataloging and issues to occur simultaneously.
Download : Koha integrated library system