Liferay – Java based web portal application framework
Liferay is a free and open source enterprise class web portal application framework that help you to streamline business processes by offering a single sign-on, online platform for users to locate relevant content and easy access to commonly used applications.
it mainly focus on to empower corporate intranets and extranets and provide robust enterprise functionality such as support for external document management systems, instant messaging, message boards, blogs & wikis, and access to all the organization’s data, content, and information. The portal system is built on portlets (plugins) that allow user to easily add new features or customize the behavior and appearance of liferay via plugins.
Features of Liferay
- Simplified UI development of internal, external, and channel websites
- Flexible enterprise integration framework
- ready to use plugin to customize your work environment.
- Secure Single sign in
- Easy to customize, edit, add, and change user attributes (name, company, date, or any other information that needs to be tracked or logged by your system) directly from Liferay, without needing to modify their database.
- inbuilt Rules engine for advanced personalization
- Role based content delivery
- Specific user personalization – Depending on what an administrator allows, users can personalize portal pages by adding, removing, positioning content or portlet attributes
- Single click configuration
- Dynamic drag and drop
- Workflow framework
- User drive workflow and approval
- Auditing and performance monitoring
- Search and tagging
- Support for web publishing
- documents library and image gallery
- integration with Microsoft Office
- Support for multiple uploads
- Multi tier search
- one click page creation
- Web content structure and templates
- Structure comments
- SEO optimized
- easy Rich Text Editors
- Support for live page editing and scheduling
- Support for RSS feeds
Download : Liferay Portal