Perst- An open source object oriented java embedded database system
Perst is an open source object oriented java embedded database management system that available in both versions.
one is developed entirely in the Java programming language and another one is specially develop for Microsoft .NET Framework applications but both edition are allow developer to sort, store and retrieve objects in their applications with maximum speed and with low memory and storage overhead, while leveraging the object-oriented paradigm of Java and C#.
The .NET edition support standard and Compact .NET frameworks and use to develop Microsoft Windows CE and PocketPC applications and the java based edition “Perst Lite” uses for mobile and embedded applications on the Java ME platform (also know as Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition or J2ME).
Here is some useful features Perst offered :
- object Oriented : it stores data directly in Java and .NET objects, eliminating the translation required for storage in relational and object-relational databases. This boosts run-time performance.
- Compact and Fast object oriented java embedded database system
- Supports transactions with the ACID (Atomic, Consistent, Isolated and Durable) properties, and requires no end-user administration.
- Easy to use and flexible Perst API
- Transparent Persistence
- Perst’s extras include garbage collection, schema evolution, a “wrapper” that provides a SQL-like database interface (SubSQL), XML import/export, database replication, support for large databases, and more.