free sketching & GUI prototyping tool – Pencil Project
Pencil Project is a free Open source sketching & GUI prototyping tool for web designer which allow you to create diagrams and GUI prototyping that everyone can use. you can use pencil project as a Firefox add-on or a standalone application. it Available in both version.
Pencil Project come with built-in stencils for diagramming and prototyping, it also support for multi-page documents with background pages, it’s on-screen text editing feature support for rich-text formatting and also allow you to export your diagram or mock-up directly to HTML, PNG or Open office formats, makes this add-on essential for any developer or designer.
Pencil is a open source project released under the GPL version 2 and is available for virtually all platforms that Firefox 3 can run.
Features of Pencil project
- Built-in stencils for diagramming and prototyping
- Multi-page document with background page
- Inter-page linking
- On-screen text editing with rich-text supports
- PNG rasterizing
- Undo/redo supports
- Installing user-defined stencils and templates
- Standard drawing operations: aligning, z-ordering, scaling, rotating.
- Adding external objects
- Personal Collection
- Clipart Browser
- Exporting to HTML, PNG, Open office.org document, Word document and PDF.