Panda – Open source Video Encoding Platform
Panda is an Open source web based Video Encoding Platform that allow user to convert videos into multiple formats in the cloud.
With a REST-based API, the platform not only helps encoding the videos, but also make it easy to add video uploading and streaming functionality to your web or mobile application.
Using Panda you’re able to setup your own video encoding servers on Amazon EC2 because it runs entirely in the cloud computing environment provided by Amazon’s array of web services. The application runs on a customized EC2 instance with everything pre-installed, including FFmpeg and an plethora of codecs.
SimpleDB is used to store all of data for video, encoding, accounts and encoding profiles. Uploaded and encoded video files are then stored on S3 bucket. By making use of Amazon’s CloudFront content delivery network, You serve beautiful, high quality video to your users directly from S3. it support RTMP and HHTP video streaming as well as adaptive bitrate switching for both Flash players and iPhone users.
Features of Panda
- The platform support AAC, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MOV, MP3, MP4, MPEG, OGG, WAV, WEBM, WMA, WMV input file format and offer AAC, AVI, FLV, MP3, MP4 (H.264), OGG, WEBM (VP8) and many more output file formats including iPhone segmented streaming are also supported.
- Unlimited encoding
- Upload videos securely and directly to Panda account
- No bandwidth premium
- Scale Instantly
- REST-based API gives you complete access to your videos.
- Your own dedicated video encoders in the cloud
- Immediate notifications after encoding is completed.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices.
- Automated thumbnail generation
- Easy to Re-encode videos at any time
- REST API. jQuery plugin. Ruby, PHP & Python libraries
- Highly flexible. Full control over FFMpeg options
- create any quality/format/size videos
- Use your preferred web video player