Pivotal Tracker is an easy to use agile project management tool built by Pivotal Labs. Pivotal Tracker exemplifies agile methods which are based on the experience of a number of large scale software projects. It brings focused collaboration to software development teams.
It is a story-based project planning tool that allows teams to collaborate and instantly react to real-world changes. You can get this free of cost. You can start the program without any hassle as it is easy to sign-up and you can start using the program right away.
It uses the concept of storyboards. where it provide layout which is a Gantt charts and can be a little difficult to work with. The interface is also a bit complicated. Everyone shares the same, up to the minute view of what is going on with the project and what needs to be done next. It lets you know in intimate detail where things are. It also lets developers spend time on work, rather than on reporting the work.
It has got an easy to use full text search which is easy to use be it any story. There is support system to answer more powerful structured queries. You can see the latest happenings in your project and also particular user stories. Pivotal Tracker ensures and facilitates the communication needed to move your company forward by letting developers focus on what is next and without losing the view of the bigger picture. Tracker has built in charts, including release burn-down, iteration burn-up, story type breakdown and historical velocity that can keep an eye on your project. You can rearrange stories in your project to reflect new priorities with simple drag and drop, and see the impact on your release schedule immediately.
Features of Pivotal Tracker
- It is free software.
- Tracker drives conversation from it’s workflow transparency to help your team work better and faster.
- Feedback and discussions on stories allow each story to evolve based on story comments.
- You can stay up to date whether or not your team is with you in the same building or scattered across the world with the help of Tracker. It keeps you updated about the latest changes through emails, Twitter, Campfire or web call backs.
- You can attach the assets collected for your project directly to stories so that the developers do not need to search for them when they are on the verge of turning those mockups into working software.
- You can tag your stories with label and tie related stories together. These labels will help you to find the stories fast and ensure higher progress.
- You can see updates from Tracker in your Campfire chat room which allows your entire team to remain informed about the project activity.
Thus you can see how pivotal Tracker can be an integral tool for your project management if the few difficulties that this software has to give are overcome.
Download : http://www.pivotaltracker.com/