PivotX – open source flat file based cms
PivotX is an open source flat file based content management system that allow you to maintain dynamic sites such as weblogs, online journals and many more. a customizable weblog tool written in PHP and using flat files or a SQL database as data storage.
Its powerful core and flexible template based system make it easy for developers to adjust and extend. PivotX is free software distributed under the GPL license. It’s partly built with neat products like jQuery, Smarty, TinyMCE and of course, PHP and MySQL. Software by the people and for the people. PivotX has a small, but very active community.
Features of PivotX
- A very powerful but yet easy to use template based engine
- Both MySQL and flat-file based database engine
- Extremely useful image management and editing capabilities
- very powerful and flexible extension framework
- Customizable Themes
- multiple weblogs with only one installation
- Support for Multiple authors
- self hosted CMS
- SEO optimized
- built-in spam protection
- built-in commenting & moderation