The Best 15 Ruby on Rails based project management software for Great Teams
Here is a Top 15 free and open-source Ruby on Rails based project management software.
1 Redmine Rails project management
Redmine is a Ruby on Rails-based project management software that includes a Gantt chart, calendar, wiki, forums, multiple roles, and email notification. it’s a multi-platform, multi-database supported project management software released under GNU general public license v2.
- Support for multiple projects
- Roles based access control
- issue tracking and Time tracking system
- Documents and file management
- Feeds and email notifications
- per-project wiki and Forums
- SCM integration
- Support for LDAP authentication
2 Gitlab HQ – Rails project management
Gitlab HQ is a self-hosted free project and repository management software written in Ruby on Rails and Gitolite.
- issue and merge request
- easy to browse the source
- SSH Key Management
- Control Repository Access
- network graph
- Code Snippets
- Wiki support
3 BetterMeans – Rails project management
BetterMeans is a Rails-based online project management software that helps you to track work in a command and control environment.
it’s an open and democratic project management tool for a social enterprise that allows you to work with your team in a more open and democratic way.
A user-friendly web interface provides equal voice and access to every team member to access information and agreed upon voting rules.
- Task tracking
- Participation tracking
- Forums for Discussion
- document storage
- Project News
- easy to export data into multiple formats including.CSV format.
4 Moo Agile project management
5 9arrows – Rails Project management
9arrows is an Open source project management software written in Ruby on Rails and ExtJS framework. – 9Arrows
6 Retrospectiva – Rails project management tool
Retrospectiva is an open-source, web-based agile project management and bug tracking tool.
- Story management
- Goal Planner
- issue tracker
- Code review
- SCM integration
- The blog that helps development teams to work collaboratively on the project.
7 ClockingIT – Rails project management
ClockingIT is a free hosted project management, collaboration, and time tracking tool to manage team-oriented projects. it helps you to track all your tasks and time which you spend on your project.
- Handle unlimited projects
- Time tracking
- clean and easy to use user interface
- interactive Gantt chart and scheduling tool
- flexible reporting
- communicate in multiple ways
- easy to track and index all changes
- receive a notification via RSS
- email and iCal support
- support for Drag and Drop
- Ajax and Comet
- Based on Ruby on Rails framework
Colorplan is unique rail-based project management software that helps you to manage your project by using colors based on the project priority.
With Colorplan, every project has its own aging priority, when the project gets older it reflected on the interface as the projects’ background color. – Colorplan
ChiliProject is an online project management system that supports your teams throughout the complete project life cycle, from setting up and discussing a project plan, over tracking issues, and reporting work progress to collaboratively sharing knowledge.
- Project Planning
- issue tracking & progress reporting
- collaboratively knowledgebase
- track and control your expenses
- define role-based permission within a workflow
- free and open-source software released under GNU general public license version 2
Fulcrum is an agile project management software that offers a real-time product backlog for your project plan, so the user can instantly adjust the project plan as per the Team’s prior performance.
- story-based task management
- Velocity & iterations
- story types
Oupsnow is a simple project management and bug tracker for multi-project written in Rails. user can manage several projects with Oupsnow. Also, manage ticketing system project by project. – Oupsnow
isotope is a rails based project management, Repository management, ticketing system, Todos, and GTD tool. – isotope
14 Ext rails ERP
ReruScrum is an open-source task and project management tool in ruby on rails. – taskrey