Ruby on Rails (RoR), One of the most demanding and widely used web application frameworks right now on the web.
Since its initial years from around 2003 till now, more and more people using Ruby on Rails framework to build web applications and websites due to its many advantages and features.
Well, I am not talking so much about Ruby on Rails in this post but what I will talk about are the content management systems (CMS) made on the ruby on rails platform. Here is Top 15 Ruby on Rails-based content management system.
1 Skyline CMS
Skyline CMS is easy to use, flexible, and highly expandable Ruby on Rails based content management system (CMS).
- user-friendly interface for fast and intuitive management of websites
- Media Library
- Content Elements
- easy and fast development
- SEO friendly CMS with valid HTML structure and relevant headings
- Easy to integrate external apps like SOAP, REST, XML and CSV
- extensive search and indexing capability
2 Refinery CMS
Refinery CMS is a free and open-source Ruby and Rails-based CMS that provide support for Rails 3.
it’s a perfect Rails based content management system for small and medium-sized companies to create custom content manageable websites.
- Modular and extendable
- Design flexibility
- WYSIWYG content editing
- easy to use and simple to understand
- Image and File management
- Slick and user-friendly interface
- Active user community
4 Zena CMS
5 Slate Rails CMS
Slate CMS is a Ruby on Rails-based content management system which specially designed to build traditional style web sites.
- Multisite support
- theme support with Theme permission
- Role-based user access
- Per site dashboard to provide easy access to popular editing features and recent changes
- user-friendly URLs
- Drag and Drop Support
- Browse website in edit View
- In-editor preview of the content
6 Ansuz CMS
8 BrowserCMS – Ruby on Rails CMS
BrowserCMS is a Rails-based web content management system that gives you complete design freedom to develop a unique look and feel for your website.
it has easy to use web user interface that allows anyone to create and manage their websites.
- Completely Rails-based CMS
- Provide support for Rails 3.1
- Support for in-context editing
- Design friendly templates
- Support for Sitemap
- standardized ‘CRUD’ interface to allow users to manage both core and custom content types
- Content API
- Section and Roles based Security
- highly configurable permission models to control editing
- Full-page caching
9 Casein – lightweight Ruby on Rails CMS
Casein is a Rails-based open source CMS that allows you to create a lightweight, clean and minimal CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) interface for your data, along with a pre-rolled user authentication system.
- highly customizable UI
- User authentication and basic user management
- Content versioning
- user-friendly URLs
10 Locomotive – open source CMS for Rails
The locomotive is a simple yet powerful Ruby on Rails-based CMS that easily integrate with Heroku and Amazon S3.
- custom content types
- Multisite support
- liquid templates
- MongoDB database
- Nice looking User Interface
- support for inline frontend editing
11 Radiant CMS
Radiant is a no-fluff, easy to use open-source content management system specially developed for small businesses.
- elegant user interface
- easy to arrange pages in a hierarchy
- Flexible template system with Layouts
- page parts
- custom tagging language
- simple user management and permission system
- Support for Markdown and Textile
- Plugin architecture
- Page caching system
12 Webiva Ruby on Rails-based CMS
Webiva is a Ruby on Rails-based web 2.0 style open source CMS and website building tool that allows the user to build a custom website.
- Built on the Ruby on rails framework
- extensible module system
- mainly focus on the look and structure of your website
- Extensible and Modular
- Built-in WYSIWYG Page Editor
13 PersonLab Rails CMS
PersonLab is a personal website content management system (CMS) based on Ruby on Rails framework. Users can easily deploy PersonLab on the Heroku cloud server.
- Simple Weblog
- Single page website
- auto get the Twitter message on Homepage
- auto show recent Google Reader share
- Textile with Single page body format
- Support for Heroku cloud server
- Rails 3.0 powered
14 Station Rails CMS
The station is a Rails-based content management system and Distributed Social Software that offers all major features which any Rails-based CMS offered such as authentication, authorization, Access Control, roles, permissions, tags, Sortable lists for models and much more. – Station Rails CMS
15 Blank Application CMS
Blank Application is a first open-source Rails CMS 2.0 framework that allows you to manage multiple websites, multimedia content such as articles, images, videos, User right management, Web Statistics with Google Analytics API, RSS Aggregator, Newsletters and easy to connect with OpenERP and SalesForce. – Blank Application