Skencil – interactive free vector drawing application
Skencil is an open source interactive vector drawing application similar to CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator which completely based on Python. it’s a very powerful and flexible vector drawing application for illustrations, diagrams and other purposes.
If you are Adobe Illustrator user, Skencil allow you to open and work with .ai files – Skencil will import them for you. A somewhat unique (for a drawing program) feature of Skencil is that it is implemented almost completely in a very high-level, interpreted language, Python. Python is powerful, object-oriented and yet easy to use.
Features of Skencil
- Rectangles, optionally with rounded corners
- Ellipses (full ellipses, pie slices, arcs and chords)
- Bézier curves (single and multi path)
- Support for External images:
- Raster images: JPEG, PNG
- Encapsulated PostScript (EPS)
- All objects, including images and text, can be rotated, scaled, sheared
- Export Filters allow Skencil to write the drawing to various file formats. Skencil has filters for its own format and for Adobe Illustrator, PDF and SVG files.