Subsonic – web-based free media streaming tool and jukebox
Subsonic is a web based free media streaming tool written in java and work perfectly with any operating system, who support Java. With Subsonic, user can stream multiple clients simultaneously and easily share music with friends, or listen to your own music at anytime from anywhere.
It is specially designed and optimized for MP3 streaming and support for any audio or video format that can stream over HTTP, for instance AAC, MP3 and OGG. By using transcoder plug-ins, it also support for on-the-fly conversion and streaming of virtually any audio format, including WMA, FLAC, APE, Musepack, WavPack and Shorten.
It has simple, intuitive web interface as well as also provide search and index facilities which specially optimized for efficiently browse media files through large media libraries. It also comes with an integrated Podcast receiver, with many of the same features as you find in iTunes.
Features of Subsonic
- Easy to Listen your music wherever you are. Share your collection with family and friends.
- Browse and manage your music collection with the user-friendly web interface, or use the AIR desktop app.
- Supports multiple simultaneous players. Manage any player from any location.
- Easily Stream music to iPhone or Android.
- Convert and stream lossless music on the fly.
- Manage more then 100,000 files in your music collection without hassle.
- Easily download and listen to Podcasts.
- Free-text search helps you find your favorite tracks quickly.
- Displays cover art, including images embedded in ID3 tags.
- Common playlist features (add, remove, rearrange, repeat, shuffle, undo, save, load).
- Control Subsonic from any mobile phone or PDA, using the WAP interface.
- Upload and download files to/from Subsonic, with automatic zipping and unzipping.
- Transcoding engine allow you to stream variety of lossy and lossless formats by converting to MP3 on-the-fly.
- Playlists can be saved and restored. M3U, PLS and XSPF formats are supported. Saved playlists are available as Podcasts.
- Supports authentication in LDAP and Active Directory.
- Customizable user experience
- Highly configurable user interface
- Automatically register what you’re playing on Last.fm, using the built-in Audioscrobbling support.
- Specify upload and download bandwidth limits.
- Use HTTPS/SSL encryption for ultimate protection.
- Play music directly on the server’s audio hardware using the jukebox mode.
Download : Subsonic media streaming tool