Titanium – Build native mobile and desktop app with Web technology
It include a web-based, cross-compilation tool which requires internet access and a developer account. The tool can deploy standalone applications for Mac, Windows, and Linux from any of those platforms. It does this by submitting the source files to a proprietary server-side solution which then returns the binaries.
An open source command-line compiler is also available which is not subject to the same network and account requirements, but it does not cross-compile. Mobile compilation is subject to additional requirements: iPhone builds require Mac OS X and the iPhone SDK, and Android builds require the Android SDK and Mac, Windows, or Linux.
The latest version of Appcelerator Titanium’s cross-compiler was built using itself. Appcelerator Titanium is an open source application development platform available for Mac, Windows and Linux through an Apache 2.0 license.
Features of Titanium
- Native User Experience : Over 100 high-performing, customizable UI controls for native tables, views, tabs, alerts, dialogs, buttons, and more.
- Support for Location based Services : Build a local or alternate reality app from native maps, geo-location, and compass.
- Extensibility : Limitless possibilities – add in any Objective-C (iPhone) or Java (Android)-written module to Titanium.
- Social Sharing : Instant sharing with authenticated access to Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, and Email.
- Next generation application development platform : full support for HTML5 and CSS3.
- Online and On-device Data : Store and retrieve data via native support for an embedded SQLite database, SOAP / RESTful web services, or local file system.
- Development Tools – Full authoring environment for creating, testing, and publishing your apps. Shave weeks off setting up your environment.
- Support for Rich Multimedia – Full access to the camera, video camera. Present photos in native image viewers or stream video from your site or YouTube.
Download : Appcelerator Titanium