Tux Paint – Open Source Drawing Software for Children
Tux Paint is a award winning drawing software in which children of ages ranging from 3yrs to 12yrs are allowed to participate freely. The functionality provided by Tux Paint is very easy and is very well-understood by children. Funny sound effects add to the recreation of children.
Proper guidance regarding the usage of this program is provided by a cartoon mascot. Kids are provided with a wide assortment of drawing tools and a blank white paper in which they are asked to show their creative talent. Tux paint is not platform dependent and works equally well with any type of operating system be it windows or Linux.
For the Windows version Tux paint is drawing software which is absolutely free, Funny sound effects adds to the recreation of children. Proper guidance regarding the usage of this program is provided by a cartoon mascot. Kids are provided with a wide assortment of drawing tools and a blank white paper in which they are asked to show their creative talent.
This program is widely in use now-a-days as this version has been published all over with overall 70 types of languages. Tux Paint can be used by several organizations in-order to suit the specific needs of a child.
Features of Tux Paint
- Multiplatform – This is not platform dependent and it works equally well with any type of Operating Systems be it Windows, be it Linux or be it any other Operating System.
- Simple and easy to use User Interface –
- There is an availability of a large number of drawing tools
- The user is relieved of the concern of determining the size of pixels required for an entirely new picture.
- The program fits completely well in a screen with a small resolution as well as it suits perfectly for a full-screen view.
- The knowledge regarding the usage of Operating System that is used is valuable as the structure of the file-system is dependent on it. It is not at all needed to know the file-name as they are given randomly by the user at the time of saving.
- Entertaining Interface
- When appropriate tools are used funny sound effects are run on this interface. Hints and information are displayed on the bottom that aids in certain situations to solve many difficulties.
- Commands –
- Save – Allows one or more pictures to be saved on the virtual ‘picture-book’ , Saving if files are possible just with a single click. File-name prompts are not used here, You can save any opened picture as well as you can save the same picture using ‘Save As’ option by giving another name to it.
- Open – Saved pictures can be opened from exiting pictures, Even the existing pictures can be Deleted.
- Slides – Existing or saved drawings can be viewed in its entirety using a slideshow, Playback speed can be regulated and even looping animations can be created.
- Through the extensive use of mouse pointers and arrow keys you can easily go back and forward as well as side-ways.
- Starters –
- Several mages with various color sets and styles can be used.
- Several Photographic scenes can be included with the inclusion of several foreground as well as background elements.
- (Scalable Vector Graphics ("SVG")) is supported by this technology.
- Print – Pictures can be printed here with the help of a printer
Tux paint is in much use now-a-days because of its multi-linguistic facilities. The various entertaining features provided by this program make it more acceptable to the children and that is why it is gaining popularity day-by-day.
Download : Tux Paint drawing software