Ulo – Interactive Home Monitoring Owl Security Camera
Ulo is a cute Robo pet owl communicates with you through eye expressions. It redefines the way you interact with objects: an organic communication. Evidence shows that a number of facial expressions are related to similar emotions across cultures. The language of our eyes is one of the most powerful and effective tools of non-verbal communication.
Eye expressions are an efficient, natural and universal way to connect instantly with Ulo. A webpage and mobile apps allows you to customize eyes color, shape and size to match your interior and your taste. No logos or icons are displayed on the screens, but you instantly know what Ulo has in mind.
Eye Expressions and Customization
- when the battery is low (under 10%) Ulo is tired,
- Ulo blinks when you take a snapshot
- its eyes follow your movements and Ulo squints when someone is watching live video.
- Random animations add that extra spark of life which makes Ulo unique.
Features of Ulo :
- Eye expressions are possible thanks to new round LCD screens originally manufactured for next-generation smartwatches.
- Here is an example of the default tap system. You can configure custom (and secret) sequences to trigger On/Off & Alert Mode functions. One Tap for Off and double tap for activate the Alert Mode.
- Once your smartphone leaves your WIFI network, every movement will be recorded in an animated gif and sent via email. Eye expressions are not displayed.
- When your smartphone (and thus yourself) reconnects to your WIFI network, the alert mode is disengaged.
- It is a very simple way to check what is going on in another room or when you’re away. Ulo streams directly (video & audio) on a secure webpage or mobile apps. This feature is perfect to use Ulo as a baby cam.
- Ulo captures snapshots on demand and sends it on a secure webpage, your Dropbox account or directly on your email.
- Infrared night vision let Ulo see clearly in total darkness.
- With Built in speaker, Ulo can “talk” to you with customizable sounds.
- In Alert Mode, Ulo can last one week on a full charge. In everyday use, with eye expressions, Ulo needs to be recharged every 2 days. Of course, you can also leave Ulo plugged in all the time on a USB port.
- Ulo can lay on a flat surface or be hanged on a wall. A set of discrete adhesive neodymium magnet allows you to stick Ulo on every surface effortlessly.
- Fully Waterproof. This means you can place Ulo outside, within a reasonable temperature range (-10°C/14°F to 50°C/122°F)
- Ulo services are accessible on a webpage, so it is compatible with every device with an internet connection and a browser.
- Fully Compatible with every platform from iOS, Android, Blackberry and windows phone to Mac OS X, Windows 10 and Linux. Ulo is also compatible with IFTTT. It’s the best way to extend its purpose.
- Ulo functionalities can trigger or be triggered by other connected devices or internet services. But other connected devices or internet services can trigger emotions in Ulo.
- Different emotions will overlay Ulo’s eye movements, here’s the first list of animations available :- Happy / Grumpy / Surprised / Upset / Agitated / Puzzled , Blinks / Squint and Change Eye color / Reflects / Size
- Ulo only stores a few minutes of video locally. Think of Ulo as your own personal server, so there are no extra fees.
- The owl only sends data to your secured devices when needed. Each device has its own password + a second step authentication.
- The setup is easy, a QR code is generated when your device connects for the first time. You just have to show this code to Ulo.