web2py – Web application framework to create secure database-driven web applications
web2py is a free and open source web application framework written and programmable in Python. it mainly focus on agile development of fast, scalable, secure and portable database-driven web-based applications.
It’s an portable web application framework which doesn’t required any installation and configuration, just execute and run software. it includes a SSL-enabled and streaming-capable web server, a relational database, a web-based integrated development environment (IDE) and web-based management interface, a Database Abstraction Layer that writes SQL for you in real time, internationalization support, multiple authentication methods, role based access control, an error logging and ticketing system, multiple caching methods for scalability and the jQuery library for AJAX and effects.
Web2py is a multiplatform tool and compatible with Google App Engine, Amazon EC2, and almost any web hosting via Python 2.4/2.5/2.6, or Java with Jython. Thanks to Python, web2py is less verbose than Java-based frameworks and its syntax is much cleaner than PHP-based frameworks. This makes applications simpler to develop, easier to read and maintain.
Features of web2py
- Web based Integrated development environment (IDE)
- Flexible Views
- Ticketing Systems
- Portable Cron
- Source Code protection
- supports for automatic database migrations
- Ready to use applications with source code
- Support for Multiple database backend such as SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, FireBird, Oracle, IBM DB2, Informix, Ingres, and Google App Engine.
- Fast, Secure and Scalable It prevents the most common types of vulnerabilities including Cross Site Scripting, Injection Flaws, and Malicious File Execution.
- Use good Software Engineering practices such as Model-View-Controller design, Server-side form validation, postbacks etc.. that make the code more readable, scalable, and maintainable.
Download : web2py