Xcode – fully-featured IDE for creating great iOS and Mac OS X applications
Xcode is a complete, fully-featured integrated development environment (IDE) for creating great iOS and Mac OS X applications. it tightly integrated with the Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks for creating a productive and easy-to-use Mac and iPhone apps. The developer tools package included the Xcode IDE, performance analysis tools, iPhone Simulator, and OS framework bundles in the form of Mac SDKs and iPhone SDKs.
Features of Xcode
- Source Editor : Xcode is a fully-featured integrated development environment (IDE) that allow you to write code with code completion, code folding, syntax highlighting, and message bubbles showing errors and breakpoints inline with your code.
- Interface Builder : Design and test your user interface without writing a line of code with easy-to-use graphical editor, prototyping in minutes, then graphically connect your interface to the source within the Xcode editor.
- iphone Simulator : With the iPhone SDK, Xcode can build, install, run, and debug Cocoa Touch applications in a Mac-based iPhone Simulator for a rocket-fast development workflow.
- Integrated Build system : Easy to Handles the most complex builds, scaling to maximize the power of multi-core Macs, and will automatically sign, provision, and install iPhone apps onto a connected device.
- Compliers : A complete set of open-source C, C++, and Objective-C compilers optimized by Apple, scalable for fast multi-core compiles.
- Graphical Debugger : Easy to Debug your Mac, iPhone Simulator, or USB-connected iPhone application directly within the Xcode editor as data tips show variable values with a mouse hover.
- Static analysis : Find bugs in your code before the application is even run by letting Xcode’s built-in static analyzer try out thousands of possible code paths in a few seconds, reporting potential bugs that could have remained hidden or nearly impossible to replicate.
- Organizer : Easy to keep track of all your projects, scripts, web pages, and even attached devices; easily bind scripts or Automator workflows to key combinations to speed development tasks.
- Snapshots : Save your operation before performing a big, risky operation on your project.
- Refactoring : Restructure your Objective-C application in a single operation, changing object hierarchies or names for all occurrences within your code and user interface designs.
- Complete Documentation : Search for anything within Xcode and the documentation viewer will find it, either on your Mac or on the Apple Developer website.